Sunday, February 08, 2004

There ought to be...

...keyboard shortcuts for moving the cursor to the top or bottom of the screen, when you're in a program like a word processor or text editor. You might think that the page up and page down keys do this, but they scroll the screen up or down when they move the cursor, whereas I want something that keeps the screen the same and just moves the cursor. I think I'd often find this feature useful.

Since, in Windows at least, CTRL + UP ARROW (or DOWN ARROW) are already used, perhaps CTRL + < could be used for 'move cursor to top of page' and CTRL + > for 'move cursor to bottom of page'. I'm also wondering, is there any program or operating system that already has this feature?

No comments:

Post a Comment